|Fiction Cove Site Rules / Overview
- This forum is rated PG-13. Everything that you post should be tasteful and viewable by anyone.
- Fighting won't be tolerated Get into a heated discussion? Fine... Get to the point where you're cussing at each other? The thread will get locked.
- All forum rules are subject to change at any time. New rules will be implemented as the administration sees fit.
- If you ever have any questions, just ask! We would rather you ask a silly question over posting something that will get your thread locked.
- Posting Requirement. You must have at least 5 posts in the forum before you can post articles in the writing section. This allows us to get to know you and helps us verify that you are not a posting bot. Your articles will be checked and posted once you reach 5 posts.
- Adding Your Story. You may add as many stories as you wish to the writing section. Figure out which category your story fits into, then add your work through the "Add Article" Link at the bottom of the page.
- Writing a multi-chapter project? Just PM Jaolynn or Kojiro and we'll make you a custom directory for posting your chapters.
- Don't break copyright laws. Any original stories are welcome, whether they be involving your roleplay characters or something else of your creation. No fan fiction is allowed.
- Plagiarism is illegal and will not be tolerated. If you didn't write it, please don't post it! It is okay if you have your story posted on other sites, just make sure you can prove that it is yours. This is a serious offense and will get you banned if we find you have posted something that is not yours.
- Can I put Piggon in my story? Make sure you ask the permission of others if you want to use their characters in a story.
- No adult content please. Keep it R or below. Remember some of our members are under the age of 18.
Fiction Cove Shop
- Posting Requirement. You must have at least 5 posts in the forum before you can post pictures in the gallery. This allows us to get to know you and helps us verify that you are not a posting bot. Your articles will be checked and posted once you reach 5 posts.
- Adding your album. Every user is allowed on album to host their images. From the gallery, click on "My Albums" then "New Album." Enter the necessary details, then submit to add your album. Privacy permissions are not necessary, though they are enabled in case you want to set them. Once in your album, click one of the upload options and follow the directions to add your images.
- Want another album? Please PM one of the admins, Jaolynn or Kojiro, before creating multiple albums in the gallery.
- Don't upload someone else's work. Don't upload pictures that aren't yours. Using stock imagery is okay, but blatantly stealing something will not be tolerated.
- Too much skin? Keep your images appropriate and clean. As this site is able to be viewed by anyone, keep the adult images off of here. There's plenty of places that will take those, so keep them off of here.
- How to get gold. All you have to do is post! Your posts earn you up to 100 gold each!
- Why should I buy items with my gold? Items are cool and can be viewed by other members on your account. Some items are rare and won't be restocked.
- Do I need to use the shop? No, the shop is just something to entertain you. The shop is completely optional and you're welcome to let your gold stack up.
- The forum rules still apply in chat. Our chat moderators won't tolerate trolls or people who can't converse without getting into a fight.
- Reporting chat users. If someone messes with you in chat, let one of the admins know. We can check the log of the chat and will ban users who think they can get away with something just because a mod isn't present.
- Avatars; 150 x 150, still images only
- Signatures. 2-3 Lines, 1 small image. We will edit your signature if you make it too long.
Fiction Cove Roleplaying Rules
Registration and Application
- There is no character limit. You may have as many as you like as long as you meet the activity requirement (below). Don't bite off more than you can chew.
- Be diverse. If you are planning on making an additional character, consider branching out. Try roleplaying a character that is a different gender, age, ethnicity, or has a different heritage than you would normally choose.
- Keep IC (In Character) and OOC (Out Of Character) relations separate. Just because a character is rude and obnoxious, it does not mean the player is as well!
- No drama. We are here to roleplay and enjoy ourselves. Remember: itís a game. Everyone is here to have fun.
Out of Character
- No godmoding, powerplaying, or dishonest conduct. Give your partner the chance to respond to your posts appropriately. It's no fun to mess with people.
- We do not have a word count, however please reciprocate with your partner. Match their quality, not quantity! They will appreciate it.
- No size zero fonts. This is a writing site; we cannot make proper replies if we cannot read your post!
- Do not harass members to reply to your thread. Itíll make them even less inclined to reply!
- Use a spell-checker. You can use a word processor with a spell-checker, an online tool or download a dictionary for your browser. Firefox and Google Chrome have a spell-checker built in to the browser.
- Use proper grammar. Understand the differences between your and youíre and try to avoid using contractions, for example. Try to challenge yourself to improve your grammar; youíll be glad you did!
- Treat everyone with respect. Even if you dislike someone, you can still be polite.
- Talk to the Staff. If you have a problem with a rule, another member, a thread, or how an event is progressing, please contact an Administrator. The Staff Team is here to help!
- Graphics are optional; You can roleplay without ever uploading anything to the site.
- All sources are acceptable. Stock models are great sources for less flashy looking playbys! Please remember to credit the photographer if you use stock! We do not require any playbys, but should you like you are welcome to post one or some of your own character art so we have a visual.
- No offensive or hateful material. Avatars, signatures and tables/ post templates should not contain anything that is vulgar or disrespectful of other peopleís beliefs. Tasteful nudity is alright; PG-13 is nudity without sexuality.
- Give credit where it is due. If a photo is released under a Creative Commons license requiring you to credit the author, please do so! Not only is it respectful, itís also the law.
- Please respond to posts in a timely manner.. There are no post requirements, however, please respond to your active threads in a timely manner, so you aren't leaving anyone in the dark or bored!
- Post in the Absences Forum/ Thread if you are going away! Also, please let us know if you are experiencing anything that will hinder your ability to post, such as internet problems. We will make every effort to work with you during your absence!
These Rules were written by Kojiro. The Roleplaying Section of these rules were borrowed from Tammy at RPG Directory then rewritten